Recently I asked friends from across the country what word(s) best described someone who was an entrepreneur. Some have been entrepreneurs themselves and other folks have been not. I targeted folks with rural backgrounds or connections to rural areas to see if there might be any differences from the standard buzz words related with entrepreneurs. It was an exciting mix of words and contained some new ones I may well not have linked with an entrepreneur. Right here are some thoughts on each of the words and exactly how they tie into becoming an entrepreneur.
1. Risk-taker – Entrepreneurs are usually prepared to take that step off the cliff to achieve their dreams. They will look at all the angles to protect themselves as ideal they can, but ultimately they will take the leap. This is particularly correct in rural places as you have distance, population and connectivity to overcome.
2. Revolutionary – Not everybody is going to invent the next Apple, but in every single way entrepreneurs are revolutionary in considering and believed course of action and not held back by “it cannot be performed” considering.
3. Independent – Entrepreneurs like making the choices, having flexibility and setting the rules.
4. Resourceful – Entrepreneurs are like my Dad – give him some baling wire and he could repair something on the ranch. Nowadays it may be additional closely related with using duct tape, but you get the picture. yoursite.com obtain a way and a remedy for what they want.
5. Creative – Not necessarily an artist, musician or actor, but more in the realm of “outside the box” thinkers, entrepreneurs usually have a vision in their minds.
six. Totally free-thinker – According to Wikipedia – “a individual who forms opinions on the basis of purpose, independent of authority or tradition,… ” yep that’s an entrepreneur.
7. Ambassador – This one was a tiny distinctive, but ambassadors do step out and help other people and serve as messengers of that significant unknown planet of entrepreneurship.
eight. Achiever – Some of the synonyms for achiever is high-flier, go-getter, doer and self-starter. All are element of an entrepreneur’s makeup.
9. Leader – Is this a accurate trait of an entrepreneur? Some are excellent leaders and however other individuals are not. Some leaders are not great entrepreneurs either. This could be a very good “chicken or egg” debate.
10. Open – Entrepreneurs are often open and vulnerable to either wonderful loss or good accomplishment.
11. Passion – Entrepreneurs actually think in what they are carrying out. As stated by Anthony Robbins, “There is no greatness without a passion to be wonderful, irrespective of whether it’s the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.”
12. Prosperity – There is definitely no reason to be an entrepreneur devoid of the aim of prosperity as your finish outcome. There are, nevertheless, diverse interpretations on what constitutes prosperity, and every single entrepreneur desires to locate his definition.
13. Progressive – Commonly entrepreneurs will be ahead of everybody else about them in seeking out new ideas and putting new spins on tried and accurate projects.
14. Self-Motivated – Entrepreneurs do not will need a person else to get them began, they work as much as needed and extra to achieve their goals.
15. Determination /Persistence – Definitely a plus for an entrepreneur. Devoid of determination you will not succeed. You will locate men and women who place obstacles in your way, individuals who never assistance you and constant challenges in developing your company. These traits are vital.
16. Driven – A small distinctive take on determination and persistence. Driven is more like having that fire in your belly that tends to make an entrepreneur think they have what it requires to succeed.
17. Energetic – This is one often overlooked. You want to be prepared both mentally and physically to operate long hours and to handle rejection and bounce back. You need to have that energy to constantly place on the very best face to your buyers, suppliers and other people you come in touch with each day.
This is a fairly lengthy list, but entrepreneurs are a complicated group of folks. Somebody could possibly have added “nuts” to the list and they would most likely be right. Entrepreneurs go exactly where other people fear to tread. Let us know if you consider we missed a trait.
Ultimately, though we had been seeking for traits of rural entrepreneurs, it appears they have the identical simple traits as our urban entrepreneurs. They may possibly face a lot more challenges of distance, population and technologies, but the traits they possess are the exact same.